The City of Revelstoke has received $100,000 in funding from the B.C. Rural Dividend Fund to build on the success of its community-wide Technology Strategy. Developed over the past three years with input from local business, tech entrepreneurs, educators and trainers, the Technology Strategy is focused on:
• Promoting Revelstoke as being an innovative and technology friendly community
• Supporting local businesses and entrepreneurs to adopt digital technology
• Supporting youth access to technology programming and digital technologies both within and external to school programming
• Adoption of Smart Technologies for the purpose of improved economic, social and environmental resiliency
• Development of investment opportunities in technology
The continuation of the project will work closely with existing and newly identified partners at both the local and regional levels to expand and implement the Tech Strategy.